Wednesday, July 9, 2008

torn.

i love people. really i do.
but i get frustrated with them really easily.
I feel that as christians we should hold ourselves to a much higher standard than we generally do. I'm guilty of not doing that.
Tonight as I sat in narrow I was torn. I really want to bring my thoughts of what our relationship with Christ and our relationships with other people should entail. And another part tells me that no one will respect what I have to say and that it'll be taken as judgement. Which has definitely happened before. People will get defensive and pull the whole "well you do this.." card.
I'm sick of comparing ourselves to others in order to make ourselves "look better".

I know that people say that when you get in college you really make the choice whether or not you stay strong in your faith because you no longer have parents to make you go.
I only find that half-way true.
I know that these people love the Lord but, it's almost as if they've fallen into the groove of things. Sitting around tonight watching people text or talk across the room irked me.
I just want us to be passionate about our relationship with the Lord.

Lord, would you move in my life. These things that i tend to harp over Lord, would you take those from me. I pray that you would pour into my life so that I can pour into these people's lives. Don't let me forget that without you I am nothing.
I pray for your annointing over us. Would you reign down your spirit over us.
Thank you Lord. Amen.

( Everytime I finish one of these I feel like it probably didn't come together like i planned so once again please bear with me. ) :)

4 comments:

Jarröt said...

It made since Whitney. It saddens me, but its the state of our culture right now. Its something we must not be deceived about! I love reading blogs!

Hanna said...

Whitney...I get you girl. That's one of my biggest issues to...with myself as well as others. I really hate it when Christians become stagnant in their faith. They become to routine in their actions and their daily lives. And I'm pretty sure we're all guilty of it. It's difficult when we come home from such a trip on fire for God and all of our Christian friends, (who we know are saved) are still stagnant while we've gone through such a growing stage in our faith! We just have to encourage them without being judgemental or hypocritical, however hard it is (and you know about a personal problem with that part I've been having. haha), and also work on that ourselves, because it's easy to get stuck back into the rut of society. Does that make any sense? I'll tell you the same thing I told Kristi. I wish the best for whatever God has in store for you girl and I'm still praying for you daily and praying that God keeps us as close as we were during WW. I love you girl!

PS> Consider this an e-hug! Because I haven't gotten to randomly walk up and hug you in a while. And I know that you miss it. :] Haha

Blake Studdard said...

i love where your heart is. i know the Lord will pour Himself out over you because of your desire for Him to. I feel like He already is pouring Himself out on you, but i think newness, renewed identity and redefined relationships are very much on their way.

Kristi Hanusch said...

Whit I love you with all my heart!
I can't wait to show you all my favorite coffee houses so we can sit and talk about everything! I missed our conversations so much!

But what I REALLY miss the most is when you me and hanna went to Fazoli's and we has our amazing conversation about God and what he had put on our hearts. I look forward to many many more of those! and hanna will have to be there too! <3

I love you girl!